The facilities management team is committed to the provision of a proactive and customer focused approach to maintaining the School’s infrastructure and facilities. The Maintenance Team Member role is part of a Facilities Management team who act as first line of contact for all maintenance, repairs, grounds and school support requirements.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday with possible Saturday work on an ad hoc basis. The position will work as part of a team to provide maintenance and support across the School’s various buildings, infrastructure and general facilities/maintenance and event activities.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- daily manual labouring tasks to set up and down for school events
- performing a wide variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames
- cleaning building and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- assists skilled maintenance workers with projects (e.g. transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner
- actively support and contribute to the maintenance and development of a safe working environment and team
- may be called upon to provide assistance in support of events/function as required
- other duties as reasonably requested
The successful candidate will:
- have an ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at various levels
- possess an ability to lift and carry heavy objects/equipment on a regular basis in accordance with safe working practices
- have an ability to work as member of a team, to work unsupervised and to work proactively
- have a minimum 2 years’ experience in a maintenance role
- have experience using hand and electrical tools
Any applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.