We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our Junior School. Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching the NSW Visual Arts Curriculum.
The position is a temporary part time role, commencing in Term 2 2018 for one term. The position is required to attend school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- teaching across a range art to students aged 3 to 8 years of age in class groups, including children in the school’s early learning centre (3-4 and 4-5 year rooms)
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources to make content meaningful to all students
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities
- meaningfully engage with students and their Visual Arts learning from the youngest of ages
- assessment and report writing for Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2 will be part of this role
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in teaching Visual Arts to young children
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of the NSW Visual Arts syllabus
- is passionate about the teaching of Visual Arts
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results
- possesses a strong academic record
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist specific knowledge and understanding of Visual Arts
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
Any applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 2 April 2018