Celebrating learning; inspiring young women. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our Languages faculty. The position is a 12-month temporary full time role commencing in 5 March 2018. Experience in teaching French at all stages essential and IB Spanish would be highly desirable.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- teaching across a range of disciplines
- collaborative programming at all levels
- applying knowledge of content/discipline through effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage
- designing and implementing relevant learning and teaching sequences using the NSW NESA syllabus and
- integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet syllabus outcomes
- using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students
- understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning
- using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning
- establishing safe and supportive learning environments
- managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is passionate about the teaching of French and Spanish
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to achieve the best results
- possesses a strong academic record
- possesses a clear understanding of teaching and learning, and sound specialist knowledge and understanding of French and Spanish
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
Any applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 19 February 2018