We are seeking an outstanding Extra-Curricular Gymnastics teacher who is keen to build the extra-curricular gymnastics program and performance in competitive events within and inter-school. As Extra-Curricular Gymnastics Head Coach for the school, you will undertake an appropriate program of teaching in accordance with school competitions and requirements of Gymnastics New South Wales. You will be required to teach recreational gymnastics to competitive gymnastics Levels 1-5.
The position will be a permanent part time role working 20 hours a week. The Gymnastics program requires availability on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday after school.
Responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
- providing individual and group instruction in preparation for competition and as part of an extra-curricular program
- liaising effectively with relevant staff at Kambala
- delivering high performance coaching services to the students and teams
- recruiting, coordinating and managing a team of gymnastics coaches to support the teaching of the extra-curricular program.
- working with the Extra-Curricular Manager to manage and monitor the gymnastics budget
- working with the Director of Sport to coordinate gymnastics competitions
- planning and teach exciting and dynamic lessons which engage and challenge all pupils
- working with coaches to monitor the attendance, progress, development and attainment of extra-curricular students using current school systems
- auditing and source relevant resources necessary to deliver an effective gymnastics program
- using non-teaching time to manage the extra-curricular area of the school intranet
- managing and communicate the extra-curricular timetable
We are looking for someone who:
- is a qualified Gymnastics Coach and holds level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- holds level 1/Basic First Aid
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls
- has a thorough comprehension of various gymnastics techniques and skills
- holds Extra-Curricular teaching experience
- has an understanding of the principles of customer service
- possesses strong administrative and organisational ability
- has excellent oral & written communication skills
- has good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- will support the extra and co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
- will support any additional responsibilities or duties that from time to time may reasonably be directed by the Extra and Co-Curricular Manager to ensure the smooth running of the wider program
Any successful applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 9388 6853
Applications close: 02 February 2018