Celebrating learning; inspiring young women. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced full time Database Administrator who will manage multiple databases running on the Windows Server platform. You should be able to demonstrate excellent planning skills to deliver projects within allocated time frames.
Your role is to take complete ownership of all the databases within the organisation to provide an efficient, functional and stable database environment which supports multiple applications across the school.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- implementing and maintaining SQL database systems in a Microsoft SQL environment
- running SQL queries to get data from multiple systems running on Microsoft SQL Server
- liaising with software application vendors to ensure a reliable, secure, seamless and timely application work environment for the school
- developing and maintaining procedural documentation including operational, technical and configuration documentation
- developing and maintaining a central knowledge base for the IT team
- advising and contributing to the logical and physical design of the administrative databases and related networks
- ongoing maintenance of databases, including applying and testing patches, fixes and upgrades
- pro-actively monitoring and improving database performance and capacity
- managing enterprise level backup and recovery of databases
- planning and developing strategies for future expansion requirements
- planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the databases
- implementing and enforcing standards and governance
- managing and implementing various departmental and business projects
We are looking for someone who:
- possesses a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server database installation, configuration, clustering, patching, optimisation, administration, database design and performance tuning mainly in Microsoft SQL Server.
- possesses experience in schools – highly desirable
- is experience in Crystal Reporting to produce custom reports
- is experience in creating web-based reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- is experience in configuring clustering for Microsoft SQL Server
- is experienced in maintaining security of SQL Server databases
- has the ability to up-skill and increase specialist and market knowledge through self-training and on the job experience
- possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal and analytical skills
- holds an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes
- golds strong and proven skills in assessing, analysing and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, media and stakeholder channels, data, reporting, systems and/or databases
- possesses the ability to create and maintain objects such as databases, tables indexes, stored procedures and automated jobs
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
Any successful applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
How to apply
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777