Celebrating learning; inspiring young women. We are seeking a strong leader to provide strategic leadership and operational management of the school’s information and communications technologies (ICT). The ICT Manager is responsible for providing professional, efficient, effective and customer-focused systems and support to the school community.
Working with the School Executive to develop a clear specification of ICT service requirements to support the eLearning strategy is an important part of this role, as is liaison with external providers.
The ability to manage projects is essential. ICT operations include responsibility for co-coordinating and managing the School’s data and telecommunications services.
Responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
- responsibility for the school’s ICT strategy, including its review, articulation and execution
- identifying emerging technologies and help to determine applicability to the School’s long term needs and goals;
- consulting with the Principal and the School Council’s ICT Committee, agree, establish and report on goals and priorities that align with the School’s Strategic and Operational plan
- effectively and efficiently managing the School’s ICT environment to ensure reliable, robust and secure provision of ICT services to all users
- working with the Head of Teaching and Learning to link ICT to learning and teaching needs of the school
- maintaining strong and effective engagement with all stakeholders in the delivery of ICT services
- delivering all ICT services in accordance with industry accepted quality service standards, policies & procedures
- ensuring that ICT services are regarded by the education sector as delivered in a best practice and quality systems environment
- ensuring that the School ICT systems are supported, maintained and enhanced in order to meet the requirements of the School
- developing, implement and maintaining appropriate Project Management methodology for the delivery of ICT projects and services
- managing the ICT budget
- providing strong leadership, support and development of the ICT team
We are looking for someone who:
- possesses relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology and/or Information Management
- has experience with Microsoft and Apple operating systems in both a server and desktop environment
- has highly developed time management skills, capacity to plan, organise and meet changing priorities and objectives
- possesses strong financial management skills
- possesses strong project management skills
- has experience and an understanding of VMware technologies
- is experienced with provision of applications and services over a wired and wireless Local-Area Network
- possesses demonstrated experience in personnel management, budget preparation and maintenance of administrative and financial controls
- is experienced in policy formation and strategic development
- possesses strong knowledge of database management systems and business intelligence applications
- possesses experience with the management of an ICT Help Desk
- possesses knowledge of IP network architecture, security and management together with Voice over IP telecommunications solutions
- is experienced in solving internal data and voice telecommunications networking issues
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School
Any successful applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
How to apply
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777