Celebrating learning; inspiring young women. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Learning Enrichment Teacher to join our school on a permanent full-time basis. The role would support the Head of Learning Enrichment by providing support in developing and implementing support programs and plans at the school for Senior School students, Years 7 -12.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- assisting with the identification of students for Learning Enrichment
- assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with high learning needs (both support and extension)
- identifying resources and implementing effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with learning needs
- providing specialist teaching to students on a one-to-one or small group basis as appropriate.
- making appropriate adjustments to assessment tasks in consultation with class/subject teachers for students with learning needs
- assessing student skills and literacy and numeracy levels using a range of assessment tools depending on the needs of the student
- assisting classroom teachers with the early identification of students with learning disabilities or those considered to be ‘at risk’ of developing learning disabilities
- assist with the facilitation of Study Skills /time management activities to assist students with their learning
- implementing the Learning Enrichment procedures in the identification of students with learning needs
- collaboratively planning with teachers, parents and students for transition of students with high support needs
- assisting in the preparation of the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD)
- contributing to staff development and parent education programs
- liaising with parents of students on a Learning Enrichment program
- maintaining accurate records and tracking student progress
We are looking for someone who:
- has post graduate qualifications in either Special Education and/or Learning Disabilities
- has a minimum 3 years’ experience in learning enrichment education
- has a natural rapport with student, staff and parents
- has a high level of skill in using ITC to record and respond to students’ learning and development
- is a collegial worker who seeks to further develop and implement effective programs that meet the needs of individual students
- works collaboratively with faculties, subject teachers and parents to adjust existing programs to ensure accessibility for students with learning needs
- can demonstrate flexibility and preparedness to be involved in the life of the school
Any successful applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
How to apply
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777